Can I Study Nursing Without Physics And Chemistry
Can I Study Nursing Without Physics And Chemistry
Today I will be answering the long-aged question, “Can I study nursing without physics and chemistry”? Physics, chemistry and mathematic have been very challenging subjects for lots of persons who would have loved to be scientists.
Many students are in Art and Social sciences today, not as a passion but because they feel it is what they can do.
Becoming a scientist for many persons would have been a sweet ride if there was no physics and mathematics. Physics and chemistry have made lots of persons to leave their passion and study what they feel they can do.
Just like what a friend said to me, “I love Pharmacy. I dreamt that I was a pharmacist when I was a kid. But as I grew older, it was devasting having to do physics and chemistry”. She couldn’t keep up and had to choose another course to study.
This is why I always tell people that there are several factors to consider when choosing a course to study. You may decide to study a course because you like the profession or the way people that study the course are respected, but the subjects requirements for the course may pose as a major challenge.
This drives us to the question, Is it possible to study nursing without physics and chemistry? Honestly, it is not possible to do so. Physics and chemistry are an integral requirements for studying nursing in Nigeria.
As part of the requirement for studying Nursing, you need chemistry, physics and biology. These are the subjects you have to register in JAMB if you are to study nursing in any Nigeria University. You can check the subject combination you need to study nursing in Nigeria.
Also, in your O’level results, “WAEC, NECO or GCE”, it is important that you enrol these subjects and should have a minimum of credit (C) in them.
Now that I have answered your question, do you know there are other science courses that do not require physics to study? Now you do.
Just continue reading and see how I will list these courses for you. Even if you have D7 in physics, you can still study these science courses. In fact, physics is not compulsory to study any of the science subjects that I will list below.
List Of Science Courses That Do Not Require Credit in Physics
Do you know there are over 37 courses you can study without having credit in Physics? Yes!!! This is true. You might have not known because you have never been taught that there are science courses that don’t take physics as a compulsory subject.
Now listen... There are few courses where Physics is not a requirement at all. The list below are courses which must include Physics but you will be given admission if you have a D7 or E8. F9 is not an option. I repeat F9 is not an option.
Courses Without Credit in Physics
- Agric Extension Services
- Agric-Economics and Extension
- Agricultural Economics
- Animal Science
- Biological Science
- Crop and Environmental Protection
- Crop Production
- Crop Production and Landscape Management
- Crop Production and Protection – Under Agriculture
- Crop Production and Soil Science
- Crop Production Technology
- Crop Protection
- Crop Science
- Crop Science and Horticulture
- Crop Science and Technology
- Crop, Production and Horticulture
- Crop, Soil and Pest Management
- Ecotourism and Wildlife Management
- Estate Management
- Fisheries – Under Agriculture
- Fisheries – Under Science
- Forestry and Wood Technology
- Home Economics
- Home Science and Management
- Plant Breeding and Seed Science
- Plant Breeding and Seed Technology
- Plant Physiology and Crop Production
- Plant Science and Biotechnology – Under Agriculture
- Soil Science
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Wildlife Management – Under Agriculture
Having gone through the science courses that do not require credit in Physics to study, I have but if a few information to pass below.
Check Out Remarks Of Some Universities:
Agric Extension Services Course
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) requires at least a pass in (D7 or E8) Physics. Candidates with a pass in Biology must have credit in Agricultural Science. It does accept Agricultural Science in lieu of Biology.
Agricultural Economics Course
- Landmark University, Omu-Aran requires credit passes in English, Mathematics, Chemistry Biology/Agric Science with a pass in Physics. N.B. A credit pass in Agric Science must be backed up with at least a pass in (D7 or E8) Biology
- The Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) requires five SSCE credit in Physics, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science and Economics. It accepts a Pass in Physics in not more than two sittings.
- University of Benin (UNIBEN) accepts Statistics and Further Mathematics. Also requires at least a pass in (D7 or E8) Physics and a pass in Biology for candidates with credit in Agric. Science.
- University of Agriculture, Makurdi and the Michael Okpara University of Agricultural Umudike accept a pass in (D7 or E8) Physics.
Lastly, we do hope you find this article worthwhile. Kindly leave a comment below if you have any concern. And do not forget to check out the related articles below.
- Does School Of Nursing Require Jamb? Check This To Find Out!!
- The Contact Details Of All Teaching Hospitals In Nigeria
- Subjects You Need To Become A Nurse
- Can An Art Student Study Nursing In Nigeria?
- List of Nursing Schools in Nigeria and Their School Fees
- Can I Study Nursing Without Physics And Chemistry
- Science Courses Under Medicine And Surgery