About EBSU Pre-Degree Programme
The Pre-Degree school prepares candidates for the following examinations:
- Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board Examination (JAMB/UTME).
- EBSU Pre-Degree internal examination qualifies successful candidates (with national minimum UTME score) for consideration for admission into any EBSU main degree programmes.
- The programme equally serves as a remedial programme for candidates preparing for O’Level examinations, but it is not a substitute to O’Level requirement for main course admission.
- In addition, the EBSU Pre-Degree Programme also gives intensive training to students in Basic Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
MAIN UNIVERSITY PROGRAMMES WHERE SUCCESSFUL PRE-DEGREE GRADUATES CAN BE ADMITTED.
EBSU for the 2018/2019 academic session under the following programmes:
|1||ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT||1. ACCOUNTING|
2. BANKING AND FINANCE
5. PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
|2||AGRICULTURE||1. AGRIC. ECONOMICS & MAGR. EXTENSION2.ANIMAL SCIENCE, FISHERIES & AQUACULTURE|
3. FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
4. SOIL & ENVIORNMENTAL MANAGEMENT
5.CROP & LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT
|3||HEALTH SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY||1. MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE2. NURSING SCIENCE|
|4.||EDUCATION||1. ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCE EDUCATION, WITH OPTIONS IN;(a) ECONOMICS EDUCATION|
(b) SOCIAL STUDIES EDUCATION
(c) ENGLISH EDUCATION
(d) RELIGION EDUCATON
(e) IGBO EDUCATION
2. BUSINESS EDUCATION, WITH OTPIONS IN;
(a) SECRETARIAL STUDIES
(b) ACCOUNTING EDUCATION
3. EDUCATION FOUNDATION, WITH OPTIONS IN;
(a) ADMIN. AND PLANNING EDUCATION
(b) GUIDANCE &. COUNSELING EDUCATION
4. HUMAN KINETICS AND HEALTH EDUCATION, WITH OPTIONS IN
(a) HUMAN KINETICS EDUCATION
(b) HEALTH EDUCATION
5. SCIENCE AND COMPUTER EDUCATION, WITH OPTIONS IN;
(a) PHYSICS EDUCATION
(b) CHEMISTRY EDUCATION
(c) BIOLOGY EDUCATION
(d) MATHEMATICS EDUCATION
(e) INTEGRATED SCIENCE EDUCATION
(f) COMPUTER EDUCATION
6. TECHNOLOGY & VOCATIONAL EDUCATION (TVE), WITH OPTIONS IN;
(a) ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING EDUCATION
(b) AGRICULTURAL EDUCATION
(c) BUILDING TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION
(e) MECHANICAL ENGINEERING EDUCATION Cf) HOME ECONOMICS EDUCATION
|6.||MEDICINE||1. MEDICINE AND SURGERY2. ANATOMY|
|7.||SCIENCE||1. APPLIED BIOLOGY2. APPLIED MICROBIOLOGY|
|8||SOCIAL SCIENCE AND HUMANITIES||1.ECONOMICS2.POLITICAL SCIENCE|
4.SOCIOLOGY AND ANTHROPOLOGY
7. HISTORY & INTERNATIONAL RELATION
9. ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
12. RELIGIOUS STUDIES
EBSU Pre-Degree Admission Requirement
To be eligible for admission, a candidate must have five (5) credits in GCE O’Level, NECO or SSCE at not more than two sittings.
Duration of EBSU Pre-Degree Programme
The programme is designed for one academic year which shall last for a minimum of ten (10) calendar months.
How to Apply for EBSU Pre-Degree Admission
Application forms are obtainable online, on purchase of four thousand five hundred naira (N4,500) EBSU Pre- Degree Scratch Card payable to Pre-Degree School; Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki; Account Number: 0007910095, Diamond Bank Pic, Abakaliki, CAS Annex (Branch).
With the scratch cards, prospective candidates should access and complete the application form at www.ebsuai.edu.ng.