JAMB COMPUTER BASED TEST(Jamb CBT)
JAMB COMPUTER BASED TEST(Jamb CBT)
There has been a lot of concerns from guardians, parents and even students about the Jamb CBT and its inclusion in the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination practice.
Before the introduction of Jamb CBT exam, PPT has been used for many years and success was recorded till malpractice became rampant and the need for a change of exam mechanism had to be introduced.
Jamb CBT Exam which was introduced partially in 2014 and promised to fully practice in 2015 is to curb the high level of malpractice observe in the Jamb PPT examination system in the country.
In 2014, to tackle the problem of the cost being inflicted on students by institutions, jamb limited the number of institutions a student can fill during jamb registration to four as against six became inevitable.
That has been the practice for years now and it has limited the option of many aspirants.
- importance of using jamb past questions
- how to check my jamb 2019 result
- The process of jamb caps admission
- Who gives admission, Jamb or School
We have been asked lots of questions on CBT adoption by Jamb, so, therefore, we have picked the frequently asked questions and answer them below, kindly go through them to know more about Jamb CBT:
1. What is Computer Based Test (CBT)?
Computer-based-test(training) is the administration of lectures or examination through computer systems. This system of training or test given is very flexible that is can be taken in different locations and at different times too.
CBT being adopted by Joint Admission and Matriculation Board(JAMB) is a very good development given to its flexibility in the examination process.
2. Why Computer Based Test (CBT)?
CBT gives the opportunity to have a more fair examination process. CBT gives the opportunity to have an accurate examination time which will not be subject invigilators.
3. What are the benefits of Jamb CBT?
- It is fast in that it gives immediate feedback. Upon finishing the exam, candidates are immediately given a printed Score Report showing their exam results and passing status.
- CBT being accepted also have the advantage as regards to individuals who are physically impeded to take the test through screen readers, magnification tools, and text-to-voice or voice-to-text applications. Jamb PPT didn’t allow for this but Jamb CBT made it possible.
- It is accurate and offers an automated analysis of results.
Jamb CBT made it possible to get your result displayed to you in less time than it was with PPT.
- It gives a more accurate result and it’s fair. Cheating in the exam has always been a concern but the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (Jamb) incorporating CBT as a mode of taking the exam have greatly reduced malpractices in the examination. Jamb CBT has proven to be safer and fairer than paper-and-pencil testing.
- It is more secure in that there is no fear of missing script during the marking process. But during the times of PPT, there is always a problem with missing scripts and it was frustrating candidates who were part of the unfortunate ones.
- Its flexibility in that one doesn’t require any special knowledge. Even if you don’t have a good knowledge of operating computer, Jamb CBT is designed in such a way that you won’t have any problem as compared to PPT.
- It is the global best practice that is acceptable. Yes, this is possible as there is no favouritism in any way. There is no fear of any one person being more favoured or his/her result tempered with as the process is fully automated.
4. What are Computer Based Test (CBT) centres?
Jamb CBT Centres are examination locations across the country where students can sit for a Computer Based Test (CBT) exam, and these centres are very well equipped with modern facilities that would enable the smooth conduction of CBT.
5. Where are the CBT test centres located?
Jamb CBT centres are located in every state of the federation including the FCT. To locate a Jamb CBT centre in your state or other states around you, click here…
6. Are these centres well equipped for CBT?
Yes, Jamb CBT centres are very equipped to give best practice and convenience during the examination.
7. What does the test centre look like?
A hall or room equipped with computers connected to the Intranet (Local Area Network) with good ventilation systems.
8. Are the test centres conducive for CBT?
Yes. Jamb CBT centres are very conducive for Jamb CBT text. It is made to meet international standard so students have the best environment for taking the exam. Also, during the examination process, there are standby support personnel who are always on the ground to assist students with any technical issues.
9. How many candidates are attached to a computer?
A single candidate to a computer during the exam. This is one thing that made Jamb CBT so interesting because, in the process of the examination, it’s practically not judicious to leave your own exam while your time is counting and start answering the questions of another person owing to the fact that the questions are randomly asked. This goes a long way to reduce malpractices or cheating during an examination.
10. Are international Jamb CBT centres available?
Yes, e-UTME accredited Jamb CBT centres are available in all the six countries where JAMB exam is conducted (United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Republic of Benin, Cameroun and Ghana).
11. Does Jamb CBT cost same as PPT?
Yes. This is why students have no need worrying about the cost being invariably different as compared to PPT.
12. Are CBT questions the same as Paper Pencil Test?
Yes, they are. You don’t have to think in any way that the questions may be more complex at all because it isn’t; and even if there should even be an ish with this, it should even be simpler.
13. Does CBT result bring a different one from PPT result?
No, it shouldn’t be any different at all.
14. Does Jamb CBT follow the same content guidelines of the UTME syllabus?
Yes. It’s just the same thing as PPT. The syllabus doesn’t actually change.
15. Is the time given for CBT examination same with that of PPT examination?
The time is actually the same. You don’t have to worry about the time as you will see your time displayed on your screen while you write your CBT examination.
16. Is Jamb CBT examination secure?
Yes, it’s very secure.
17. Is the Computer Based Test (CBT) compulsory for all candidates?
Yes, it is. It wasn’t in 2014 when it was first introduced but was later made the only available option if you must take jamb.
18. How friendly is the CBT to candidates?
The Jamb CBT has been designed to be very friendly that candidates who don’t have good computer knowledge can perfectly write the exam without stress or fright. The examination can be written with just a click of the mouse.
19. How do I register for CBT?
Jamb candidates are expected to purchase the UTME registration scratch cards from designated banks, CBT centres and register online through www.jamb.org.ng
See also: Jamb CBT registration portal
20. Will candidates write the examination at the same time?
No. Every candidate will write according to the scheduled time of their examination by jamb.
21. Should I come to the venue with e-slip printout?
Yes. This is very important. In fact, go to the centre with the original print out.
22. Can I reschedule my examination?
Yes. You can be done this by making contact with SERVICOM office at JAMB, National Headquarters Bwari, Abuja.
23. Is it possible to skip questions and review them later before submitting when taking Jamb CBT?
Yes. It is very possible to skip and review answers while taking jamb CBT examination provided you haven’t click the final submit button. It’s impossible to make any correction or review anything after you must have clicked the final submit button as your answers are already submitted to the necessary database and can’t be retrieved.
24. Is it possible to know the time I have spent on my examination?
Yes. Your examination time is displayed right on the screen during the Jamb CBT examination.
25. May I bring a calculator to the test centre?
No. This isn’t allowed by Jamb, even in PPT, calculators aren’t allowed.
26. In cases of a power failure would it affect my exam timing?
No. You really don’t have to worry over power failure because Jamb CBT is designed in such a way that if such case should arise, the time will pause and also your work will be saved. Whenever the computer comes on, you will start from where you stopped before the power failure.
27. How do I end the test?
When you have answered all the questions you can and reviewed them appropriately, you are required to click the “END” button. Another box will pop and ask you to confirm that you are ready to end the test. Once you confirm that you want to end, the test will close and you will not be able to access your work or even review it.
28. Would there be any time for a break during the examination?
No. Jamb CBT doesn’t allow for break time. When you start the Jamb CBT examination, you continue until you are done and submitted.
29. Can I start taking JAMB CBT training before registering for Jamb?
Oh yes, it is very advisable to practice taking the test as often as you wish from different Jamb CBT centres that offer such a service.
30. How do I prepare well for JAMB CBT examination?
There is no hard and rock rule about this. You can actually prepare for Jamb by reading according to jamb syllabus requirement and practising of past questions. You must practice past questions very hard to really get a very high score in jamb CBT, very important!!!
31. How quickly will I receive scores?
You can receive your Jamb score almost immediately or just a few days after taking the Jamb CBT examination.
32. Will there be audiovisuals on the Computer Based Test?
Yes, but really depends on the test being taken. If there is a need for audiovisuals, they will be shown on the screen with the text of the questions.
33. Is knowledge of computer programming necessary to take a test on the computer?
Oh, No. You don’t need to be so good to take the Jamb CBT exam. Just know how to use your keyboard and mouse, that’s all. If you think you can’t really use the keyboard and mouse, you can practice before your examination date.
34. How early should I arrive at the test centre?
You are actually expected to arrive very early for your examination centre for your own benefit. It’s a good practice to always arrive examination hall early as it as a role to play on you psychologically.
35. What if I arrive late for my exam?
Well, if you should arrive after thirty minutes (30mins.) into the examination, you won’t be allowed into the testing centre. But really, try not to be late to an exam hall.
1. why going to school is important
2. how determination helps in an examination
3. disciplined when preparing for an exam
4. things you must learn at the university
5. importance of reading
6. how to choose a course to study
7. why student fail examination after reading hard
8. what a fresher should know about school hostel
9. disadvantages of the school hostel
10. advantages of the school hostel
11. why stay in the school hostel
12. Things you must have in college before graduating
13. why you should go to the university
14. importance of education