List of Universities that offers part-time study in Nigeria
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES THAT OFFER PART-TIME STUDY IN NIGERIA
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES THAT OFFERS PART-TIME STUDY IN NIGERIA – There are lots of universities that are approved by the National University Commission, NUC to run part-time study programme in Nigeria. The List of Universities that offers part-time study in Nigeria ranges from federal, state and even private universities.
Before we start off by introducing the list of universities that offer part-time study in Nigeria, let’s give you the guidelines by NUC for any university to conduct a part-time programme in Nigeria.
GUIDELINES ON PART-TIME AND SANDWICH PROGRAMMES IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES
The guidelines given by NUC is what every university running the part-time programme must adhere to. All universities currently operating Part-time programmes are expected to comply with the guidelines on the programme by programme basis.
Universities in Nigeria that are interested in running Part-time programmes are advised to forward fresh applications to the National University Commission, NUC on the programme by programme basis.
This, however, means that, the programmes the universities wish to run and how they plan on running them etc.
Any university that isn’t ready to comply with the NUC guidelines for running a part-time programme won’t be accredited to run the part-time programme.
Below are the guidelines postulated by NUC:
- The admission and graduation requirements, Staffing, Library and physical facilities requirements must be in line with the Benchmark Minimum Academic Standards (BMAS) for the various full-time academic programmes;
- For a programme to be eligible to run on a part-time basis, the approved full-time equivalent must be available in the university, must have earned full accreditation and must be run within approved campuses;
- The enrolment into part-time programmes must not exceed 20% of total students ‘ population in the programme;
- The minimum duration of the part-time programmes must be 150% of the approved duration of the Full-Time equivalent;
- Approval shall not be granted for part-time programmes in Environmental Sciences, Engineering/Technology, Law, Medicine/Medical Sciences, Pharmacy [Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dentistry; and Veterinary Science;
- All admissions into part-time programmes must be through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB). Part-time programmes must be run within approved campuses of universities where the human and material resources for the teaching of the programmes are domiciled, i.e. on the main campus of the university;
- Part-time programmes shall be subjected to the NUC accreditation assessment upon maturity of the programme;
- For any programme to be eligible for part-time mode, it must have produced two (2) sets of graduates and satisfied the Resource Verification Requirements.
- Commencement of a part-time programme MUST be subject to NUC ‘s approval. Approval of commencement of all part-time programmes must be obtained.
Read more: official nuc site
The National Universities Commission, NUC shall not hesitate to apply appropriate sanctions on any university which violates any of the stipulated Guidelines on Part-Time Programmes.
This rules or guidelines have to be followed and met accordingly.
LIST OF UNIVERSITIES THAT OFFER PART-TIME STUDY IN NIGERIA:
- University of Lagos
- University of Port Harcourt
- University of Calabar
- University of Benin
- University of Abuja
- University of Uyo
- University of Jos
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile — Ife
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Usman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto
- Bayero University, Kano
- Ekiti State University, Ado – Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Cross River State University, Calabar, Cross River State
- Imo State University, Owerri, Imo State
- Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Rivers State
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State
- Ambrose Ali University, Ekpoma, Edo State
- Enugu State University of Science & Technology, Enugu State
- Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun, Ogun State
- Rivers State University of Science & Technology, Port Harcourt
- Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State
- Benue State University, Makurdi, Benue State
- Niger Delta University, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State
- Lagos State University, Ojo, Lagos State
- Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, Ondo State
- Anambra State University, Uli, Anambra State
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State
- Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi, Nasarawa State.
- Crescent University, Abeokuta, Ogun State
- Caleb University, Imota, Lagos State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Edo State
- Lead City university, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Achievers University, Owo, Ondo State
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin — City, Edo State
- Wesley University of Science and Technology, Ondo, Ondo State
- Fountain University, Osogbo
We have provided the list of universities that are accredited to run the part-time programme in Nigeria by NUC and we do hope you make use of this list and share with your friends who wish to enrol in part-time study programme as not all universities in Nigeria are accredited to take this programme.
1. disadvantages of part-time study
2. why you should consider part-time study
3. federal universities in Nigeria
4. courses offered in Uniben part-time
5. state universities in Nigeria
6. private universities in Nigeria
1. how determination helps in an examination
2. disciplined when preparing for an exam
3. things you must learn at the university
4. importance of reading
5. why student fail examination after reading hard
6. what a fresher should know about school hostel
7. disadvantages of the school hostel
8. advantages of the school hostel
9. why stay in the school hostel
10. Things you must have in college before graduating
11. importance of education